• Work butter with sugar, then add egg and mix.
• Mix sieved baking powder, flour, cocoa and salt.
• Mould quickly until getting a smooth dough.
• Shape a ball, cover it with a transparent pellicle and let it rest in the fridge for at least two hours.
• Work sugar with yolks.
• Then, add flour and potato starch.
• Spill hot milk, in which you’ve simmered vanilla bean, on the compound and cook until the pastry cream gets thick, taking care to stir it continually.
• Cover pastry cream and let it rest.
Extra-dark 70% cocoa Ecuador chocolate glaze:
• In a kettle, melt Caffarel Extra-dark 70% cocoa Ecuador chocolate together with cream and let it rest.
• Roll out shortbread dough (4mm), then coat a 24cm diameter buttered mould.
• With a fork, practise some little holes on the base.
• Mix pastry cream with Extra-dark 70% cocoa Ecuador chocolate glaze and move the compound into the mould.
• With the leftover shortbread dough, shape some little strips which will be crossed onto the pie.
• Bake at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes.