Chocolate covered meringues
100g di albumens (about 3)
220g icing sugar
100g Caffarel extra-dark 86% cocoa chocolate
- Taking care that eggs are at room temperature, separate yolks from albumens and put these last into a bowl.
- With an electric whisk, whip up the egg whites until stiff with the half of the icing sugar and a few lemon juice drops: the compound must be lucid and spumy and, moving away the whisk, there must be a flock with a point.
- With a slice, add the residual icing sugar to the albumens with delicate movements bottom-up.
- Transfer the compound into a sac-à-poche with a smooth opening and even out it, with a 1-1,5cm thickness, on a dripping-pan covered whit oven paper.
- Bake at 75° for about two hours untill the meringue is dry, then allow to cool and crack it in small pieces (2-3cm apiece).
- Melt in a waterbath the Caffarel extra-dark 86% cocoa chocolate, then brush it on the meringues before tasting!